Times Now Digital | Times Now
NEW DELHI, India, 14 December 2020
Chief of Defence Staff General Bipin Rawat on Monday said that given India is engaged in a standoff situation in Ladakh, there is some development activity which has been ongoing in Tibet Autonomous Region of China. Every nation will continue to prepare for ensuring its security based on their strategic interest, he said.
General Rawat assured that India is fully prepared for any eventuality that we may be faced with.
On being asked about continuous ceasefire violation by Pakistan, he said that “the other side should be getting more concerned. We are fully prepared.”
“Time has come now to look at the future of warfighting imbibing technology into our systems. We have got adequate forces to counter any threat or challenges that we may face on northern borders,” the Chief of Defence Staff General said.
They forced PLA to go back: Rajnath Singh lauds India’s armed forces
Earlier in the day, Defence Minister Rajnath Singh, while addressing the 93rd annual general meeting of FICCI, also lauded the Indian armed forces and said that they ‘forced’ Chinese ‘People’s Liberation Army to go back’ from the Line of Actual Control (LAC). He indirectly blamed China for violating established agreements and pushing power ‘not just in Himalayas’, but across the ‘Indo-Pacific’.
“As you are aware, there is a big build-up of Armed Forces at the LAC in Ladakh. In these testing times, our forces have shown exemplary courage and remarkable fortitude. They fought the PLA with utmost bravery and forced them to go back,” Singh said.
“The coming generations of this nation will be proud of what our forces have managed to achieve this year. Whenever there is a situation at the LAC, the most obvious outcome is a comparison between India and China’s military strength,” he said.