Tibetan dies of electrocution in Majnu ka Tilla

PTI

NEW DELHI, India, 14 May 2019

A 31-year-old Tibetan died after being electrocuted at a guest house in north Delhi’s Majnu Ka Tilla area, police said Monday.

The deceased, Dhukar kyi, was a receptionist at a guest house here. He used to stay at nearby Aruna Nagar in Majnu Ka Tilla area, they said.

According to a senior police official, the incident occurred on Saturday night when Dhukar Kyi had gone to fill water in a cooler in one of the guest house room.

He came in contact with an open wire of a cooler placed in one of the galleries and was electrocuted, he said.

Police were informed about the incident by other staffers.

Dhukar Kyi was rushed to a nearby hospital where he was declared brought dead, he added.

He was working with the guest house for the last two years. A case has been registered against the owner for negligence at the Timarpur police station. Further investigation is going on, police said.


The PTI's original story has the person's name as Dolkar. Tibet Sun has learned that the person's name was Dhukar Kyi.
Copyright © 2019 PTI Published in Business Standard Posted in News » Tags: , ,